As you may know Shortfills (a.k.a. Shake and Vape or S&V) have a higher concentration of flavour than ready-to-vape e-liquids. Before you use them in a tank or electronic cigarette, you need to add some base. In our product descriptions, we always indicate how much base you need to add. If you want to add a base with nicotine (i.e., a Nicotine Booster or Nic Shot), it is important to understand how much nicotine you will end up with.
How much base do you need to add to a Shortfill? And how much nicotine do you end up with?
Most shake and vapes come in 60ml shortfill bottles filled up to 50ml. Suppose you need to add 10ml base to a 50ml Shortfill. In case you want to obtain an e-liquid with 3mg/ml (or 0.3%), you need to use an 18mg/ml Nicotine Shot. This is why. 18mg/ml means 18 milligram per milliliter. Since you have 10ml, there are 180mg nicotine in your booster. When you add that to the shortfill, you still have 180mg, but now you have 60ml of liquid. 180 divided by 60 is 3. So the final nicotine strength is 3mg/ml. It is as simple as that!
We list below other possible combinations you might find useful.
Shortfills with room for 10ml base:
- Shortfill with 20ml + 10ml base 0mg/ml nicotine = 30ml e-liquid with 0mg/ml nicotine.
- 20ml Shake and Vape+ 10ml base 9mg/ml nicotine = 30ml e-liquid with 3mg/ml nicotine.
- S&V (20ml)+ base 18mg/ml Nicotine Booster = 30ml e-liquid with 6mg/ml nicotine.
- Shortfill with 50ml + 10ml base without nicotine = 60ml e-liquid with 0mg/ml nicotine.
- 50ml Shake and Vape+ 10ml base 9mg/ml nicotine = 60ml e-liquid with 1.5mg/ml nicotine.
- S&V (50ml) + 10ml base 18mg/ml nicotine = 60ml e-liquid with 3mg/ml nicotine.
Shortfills with space for 20ml base:
- Shake and Vape with 40ml + 20ml base 0mg/ml nicotine = 60ml e-liquid with 0mg/ml nicotine.
- Shortfill (40ml) + 20ml base 9mg/ml nicotine = 60ml e-liquid with 3mg/ml nicotine.
- S&V with 40ml + 10ml base 18mg/ml nicotine + 10ml base 0mg/ml nicotine = 60ml e-liquid with 3mg/ml nicotine.
- 40ml Shortfill + 20ml base 18mg/ml nicotine shot = 60ml e-liquid with 6mg/ml nicotine.
Please keep in mind that some shortfills can be brought up to 6mg/ml, but most are only suitable for 3mg/ml. If you are used to vaping with higher nicotine, you can check out our selection of e-liquids.
Finally, if you are interested in learning more about the PG/VG ratio, you can check out our Shortfill (Shake and Vape) and PG/VG Calculator.